Friday, July 16, 2010

Quick Summer Pickles Makes a Nice Crunchy Snack!

You might have a bumper crop of pickling cukes ready to harvest in your raised bed, planter, or standard garden. Maybe you just couldn't pass up on the beautiful green gems on the table at your local farmers market. Either way you have to do something great with all those cucumbers, right!

This  is a simple and inexpensive way to have and enjoy the crisp and tangy treats we all love to crunch on! There are no exotic ingredients and no complicated procedures or processes to producing the best, and freshest pickles you may ever eat.

Ingredients:
10-12 small cucumbers
2 Cups Vinegar 
1 Cup Water
3 Tblsps Salt
1/2 Tsp Sugar
small bunch fresh dill tops
small bunch flatleaf parsley
3 cloves garlic (optional)

Directions:
In a tub add dill, parsley, and garlic. Arrange cucumbers in tub with herbs. In a pot heat water enough to dissolve salt and sugar. Remove from heat. Add vinegar to mixture. Pour mixture over cucumbers in tub and allow to cool slightly. Put lid on tub and place in fridge for 3-4 days. Enjoy your crunchy pickles!

For large cucumbers cut in half or quarter into spears. You can adjust the components of the brine to allow for taste or even add your own blend of pickling spice.

10 comments:

Steve said...

Well that's dead easy....why are I buying these all the time. My girls go through pickles like they are going out of style.

best culinary schools said...

Yea they are easy to make and I make them all the time with my mom. We are a die hard, pickle eating family. lol

Sarah said...

We call these poppers because they make a popping sound when they're done. My boys love the taste. We add cumin and chili powder and eat them as a snack.

Gabby said...

I just love bumper crop of pickling cukes, I really like its taste. Awesome!!

Jenny said...

I make them all the time with my mom. We are a die hard, pickle eating family. lol

Mariah said...

Looking fabulous! I'd love to try this at home. Thanks for the delicious recipe.

jane said...

Thanks for the recipe, I will try this out someday. Thanks for the share!

Basic Meatloaf Recipe said...

Nice posting!
Thanks for sharing.

Jerry Hingle said...

That sounds easy enough. There's no excuse not to make them!

adipex diet pills said...

For me personally the article is very useful and crucial, as it is not too watery